top of page
  • Rob Samouce

"In a Condo who insures what and who pays for the damage?"

April 3, 2021

Legal Matters - Rob Samouce

Special to Naples Daily News

Questions often arise when there is an insurable event (such as when a water or sewer pipe bursts), who pays for the damage? The Condominium Association or the Unit Owner.

The answer will depend upon what the damaged items are. Section 718.111(11)(f), Florida Statutes, provides that:

“(f) Every (Condominium Association) property insurance policy issued or renewed on or after January 1, 2009, for the purpose of protecting the condominium must provide primary coverage for:

1. All portions of the condominium property as originally installed or replacement of like kind and quality, in accordance with the original plans and specifications.


bottom of page